2 push, 2 leg, 1 pull – tendinitis

HypertrophyCoach Joe Bennett Forums Training 2 push, 2 leg, 1 pull – tendinitis

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Joe.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jon K
    Participant

Hey Joe,

You helped me in my other thread (thanks a lot) so I just wanted to clarify this. For a 5 day on 2 off split you told me I could chose maybe 2 push days, 2 pull days and 1 leg day for example and just do it like that.

With the tennis elbow I have, I find it difficult to do two upper sessions in a row I.e push one day, pull the next. My elbow will bother me when I do that, so I figured to put a leg day in between upper sessions. With that said, would doing something like this work: 2 push days, 2 leg days, and 1 pull day except with extra back and bicep training thrown in on the 2 push days? I.e

Push+1 bicep exercise
    Legs
    Pull
    Legs
    Push+1 back exercise
    Off
    Off

This way I’m doing legs in between the upper sessions, I’m getting enough push volume in. Plus my adding a lil back and bicep volume in the push day my total back and bicep volume will be good as well.

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks

Joe
    Keymaster

Hey Joe,

You helped me in my other thread (thanks a lot) so I just wanted to clarify this. For a 5 day on 2 off split you told me I could chose maybe 2 push days, 2 pull days and 1 leg day for example and just do it like that.

With the tennis elbow I have, I find it difficult to do two upper sessions in a row I.e push one day, pull the next. My elbow will bother me when I do that, so I figured to put a leg day in between upper sessions. With that said, would doing something like this work: 2 push days, 2 leg days, and 1 pull day except with extra back and bicep training thrown in on the 2 push days? I.e

Push+1 bicep exercise
    Legs
    Pull
    Legs
    Push+1 back exercise
    Off
    Off

This way I’m doing legs in between the upper sessions, I’m getting enough push volume in. Plus my adding a lil back and bicep volume in the push day my total back and bicep volume will be good as well.

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.