2 week cuts 4-8 week bulk

Sale – HypertrophyCoach Joe Bennett Forums Nutrition 2 week cuts 4-8 week bulk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eddie Fleury
    Participant

I saw a video and read some blog post from Layne Norton talking about his experience with gaining and fat loss phases while competing . He mentioned that most people don’t bulk long enough because once they gain some fat they start cutting and back out. On the opposite end, people will cut too long sacrificing muscle, with possible damage to test levels and metabolism. His solution to this was a 4-8 week bulk in a 500 cal surplus over maintenance levels followed by a 2 week cut 500 cals under maintenance. This Drops water weight and allows you to stay lean year round then take advantage of the upswing of nutrients once you go from the cut to the bulk. He said he would net 2-3 lbs of solid weight every 10 weeks or so while always remaining relatively lean year round.

Any thoughts on an approach like this??

Ryan
    Participant

4-8 week bulk seems far to short of time for me

BryceBahm
    Participant
    Eddie Fleury
    Participant

Thanks man! What I gathered from some blog post was the focus is on progressing the bulk but the 2 week cut was to keep people mentally on board with progressing because with dropping that water weight and staying a little leaner, it helps people to feel better about putting tissue on without feeling like they’re getting sloppy. But I agree not cut and dry and too many factors to say for anyone

Joe
    Keymaster
    Eddie Fleury
    Participant

Thanks for the response Joe!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.