5-12 rep question

HypertrophyCoach Joe Bennett Forums Training 5-12 rep question

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Joe.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Chessa
    Participant

I’m in Phase 2 of Armageddon and confused by the very wide range of reps suggested in exercises that have 5-12. Can you explain how to select from that? 5-8, 8-12 or even 10-15 make sense but 5-12 is so broad I’m not sure what to do. Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Terje Dokken
    Participant

Hi. You are working up to a topsett of 5 reps. And then doing a backoff set with 12 repps. It will bee like this: 1 set with 5 reps and one set with 12 reps. And you are done.

Xavier Szyszko
    Participant

That is the entire rep range across all sets. Since theres 2 sets, Im assuming top set is 5-8 and back off is 8-12

Michael Chessa
    Participant

Where is this information? How can I find out what is meant by the rep/set range? It’s not at all clear. I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying if you just look at the workout it’s 2 sets, 5-12 reps. It it said 2 sets, 5-8, 8-12 reps then that would be clearer.

Terje Dokken
    Participant

If u use the app (in your picture) before u log ur reps it stand what rep range you shall do. Just take away the reps u have put in and the default value comes up.

Michael Chessa
    Participant

If u use the app (in your picture) before u log ur reps it stand what rep range you shall do. Just take away the reps u have put in and the default value comes up.

Amazing, yep. Thank you.

Joe
    Keymaster
    Joe
    Keymaster

Screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.