5’11” 230lbs 24% Body Fat

HypertrophyCoach Joe Bennett Forums Anything Else 5’11” 230lbs 24% Body Fat

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris Meredith
    Participant

I guess my question is about which program and how to utilize it to lose body fat most effectively. I’m currently half way through yours and Terrances new program. I’ve been adding 2-3 sets to every exercise. Should I be doing more sets or keeping its lower sets with more weight. I’m currently training RIR 2-3 on most if not until failure. Anyone my size been using this app either? I feel like everyone using this is already a body builder or already shredded haha. Thanks for you help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    BryceBahm
    Participant
    Chris Meredith
    Participant

Sounds good I’ll start studying. Thanks Bryce

Luke
    Participant

Rockstar answer. This is why this app is by far and away the best value of anything you can buy. Bryce and joe are so intentional about every answer. Just wanted to extend my thanks and highlight that here.

Joe
    Keymaster

Rockstar answer. This is why this app is by far and away the best value of anything you can buy. Bryce and joe are so intentional about every answer. Just wanted to extend my thanks and highlight that here.

๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Tom
    Participant

๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Totally agree. This is far the best thing Iโ€™ve ever had to hand and the responses, support, information and just everything about the app is brilliant. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ looking forward to the nutrition update come jan ๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿ˜€

Adam Matty
    Participant

I am in the same boat. I have a little more muscle and lower body fat but just starting these workouts the volume is about 1/4 of what I used to do with good success. Itโ€™s really hard for me to think this is enough volume. (Currently doing Joeโ€™s program)

BryceBahm
    Participant

I am in the same boat. I have a little more muscle and lower body fat but just starting these workouts the volume is about 1/4 of what I used to do with good success. Itโ€™s really hard for me to think this is enough volume. (Currently doing Joeโ€™s program)

Adam Matty
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I think my old volume workouts (bro split). I would say maybe would be considered warm ups. But in an arm workout I would do 3 exercises for triceps and 3 for biceps . Say close grip, Skull crushers, push downs, all heavy and hard for the last 2 sets. For instance say on close grip bench go with 135×20, 185×12 225×10-12 and 275x 5-6. In my head I considered 135 and 185 warm up. But failure was reached on the last 2 sets. So is this just a matter of guys like me doing old routines that list 4×8-12 and saving gas on the fist 2 sets. So really 2 working sets is what I had been doing. But 3 heavier exercises vs doing something like the tricep cross body push downs and dips which I feel like I canโ€™t get the mental focus on like I can with close grip or skull crushers seems like itโ€™s not enough. I had gotten in good shape but had to take 50 days off because of a work schedule so I feel like Iโ€™m starting over and itโ€™s hard to get away from old habits. Basically I almost feel like this program isnโ€™t enough volume and itโ€™s hard to not think itโ€™s not good to follow someone who is fine tuning their physique vs building one from near scratch? Sorry for the long response. Hopefully someone else is in the same boat and can learn from my thoughts and the response. Thanks guys.

Adam Matty
    Participant

Iโ€™ll will spend a lot more time on the guidance section. I just jumped in to get going. Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.