7 X days a week

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scott Babbage
    Participant

I’ve been training 7 days a week for close to a year now besides the lockdowns with covid. I make good results and feel fine doing so but noticed that all the programs have mostly 2 rest days per week, even the Olympia prep one. Is there a benefit to these rest days or would you fill the rest days in with catching on lacking muscle groups and non-symmetrical muscles?

BryceBahm
    Participant
    Scott Babbage
    Participant

Oh ok I get what you mean. All well to do at the moment but there will come a time where my body won’t be able to keep up and I’ll need to introduce rest days more commonly. Do the big guys cycling for Olympia and IFBB have rest days aswell? Or do they run 7 days a week heading into comp and then focus on proper recovery with rest days in the off season?

Simo Matikainen
    Participant

Oh ok I get what you mean. All well to do at the moment but there will come a time where my body won’t be able to keep up and I’ll need to introduce rest days more commonly. Do the big guys cycling for Olympia and IFBB have rest days aswell? Or do they run 7 days a week heading into comp and then focus on proper recovery with rest days in the off season?

Most people even pros dont train 7 days a week, or atleast shouldnt. Its individual but generally everyone needs day off to let your body recover more. Here and there you could do something like 7 days a week but it isnt really a long term option.

Joe
    Keymaster

Scott Babbage
    Participant

Yeah that sounds great, really appreciate it Joe! Definitely wanting to compete in a few years once I’ve got the size and conditioning down so I’m spending alot of time learning about recovery now from this app. Thanks again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.