Forum Replies Created
Is there any merit to programming D.B. Bench press & D.B. Flys in the same workout? If both of them are basically the same? (Other than the lever length as you mentioned).
I can see how Machine fly can fit in well.
I figured it was a wonky leg press! Haha Thanks Coach Bryce! 🙏🏽
You guys are the best! I really appreciate the advice 🙏🏽
Oh! And he wants to make bank lol. Personal training won’t get him there.
Thank you! 🙏🏼
A different selection of ways for a client to approach their food 😊
As for “offer the clients ways they can approach their food”, I’ve made a Nutritional Assessment sheet.
In it, I included this:
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
What I summarized from your response Joe:
– Flexible dieting, with too much variety can be a more pain in the butt in terms of tracking accurately
– Offer the client ways they can approach their food
– Ensure clients understand the importance of consistency and adherence. Whatever the client chooses to do, they must stick to It consistently
– Whatever method they choose, it must be trackable.
– Convey the most basic understanding of energy balance to clients
– Make sure clients prioritize micronutrient dense foods
– My job isn’t to have them lose weight, my job is to manage their expectations based on the actions they commit to
It made me realize that I was probably a bit too much of a fan of flexible dieting. Rather than being a fan, I should take a step back and acknowledge that individual’s different personalities is what will determine what will work best for them. Thank you!
Thank you so much Coach Bryce!
This is what I’ve summarized from your response:
– Depending on the clients personality (determined during the initial consultation) they may either prefer a set system or require more variety/flexibility.
– A set system is easier to track and make adjustments
– Physiological/emotional state is often times not considered. Therefore including variety will benefit certain clients to increase adherence
– Variety will also promote health by avoiding nutrient deficiencies caused by eating only a small selection of foods
– Figure out how to get the ball rolling with the new client, then once the momentum has got them started, start guiding them in dialing in their nutrition
– Don’t be a fan of either rather it is more important to focus on what will make the client happy and what will work best for them
Awesome! Thank you Bryce, I appreciate the explanation 🙏🏼
Hey Lance, yeah I put on the other day about this, everytime I do a heavy leg press or the back squat, my knees are totally screwed the next few days, I don’t want to keep adding weight if my knees are going to get worse if that makes sense, so like you I’ll wait to see what response you get 👍🏽
Not sure if they saw my question lol. Been checking in for a response.